The noise level meter is set at the A-weighted scale, and records noise level automatically at pre-set measurement interval. The recorded noise levels are automatically integrated by the built-in electronic system. The integrated noise descriptors in terms of Leq are then printed out.
The scopes of work for this noise monitoring entail the following:
- To measure day and night boundary noise level during the operations and without operation.
- To determine the source which contributing to the noise during each of monitoring.
- Comparing the noise boundary level before and after mitigating measures has been taken; and
- To prepare the complete Post-EIA Environmental Monitoring Report and Boundary Noise study report for the submission to our customers and the Department of Environment.
Application of this monitoring works are as follows:
- Receiving land use for planning and new development.
- New development (roads, rails, industrial) in areas of existing high environmental noise climate.
- Maintained at the existing noise climate.
- Road traffic (for proposed new roads and/or redevelopment of existing roads).
- Railways including transits (for new development and re-alignments).
- Construction, maintenance and demolition work by receiving land use.
- Industrial sites and machine.
- Transportation and vehicles.